Blogger Templates

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Illusions

Illusions by Aprilynne Pike, the third book in the Wings series. I really like this series but this book was a bit of a disappointment to me. It was a lot of building up for the next book. I didn't feel like anything was resolved in this book and it left me wanting the next book merely to resolve some of the issues rather than because I'm dying to continue the story and know what happens next (don't get me wrong, that is a reason too!). I know I'm doing a poor job of explaining this but to me it was like nothing actually happened in Illusions. After reading it I understood what my dad was trying to say about the first part of The Deathly Hallows movie, nothing happened because it was building up to the final one.


Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.

4 out of 5 stars

0 comments: