Blogger Templates

Friday, June 3, 2011

Thirst No.1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice

Fourth was Thirst No.1: The Last Vampire, Black Blood, and Red Dice by Christopher Pike. So far I've discovered that I do not like this man's books. They aren't poorly written or anything like that, he just combines subjects that do no go together in my mind. As with his other book I've read they are far to religious for me. I didn't even really enjoy Thirst No. 1 until the very end. I own the next two books so I will continue to read them someday but I'm not in a hurry to do so.

Alisa has been in control of her urges for the five thousand years she has been a vampire. She feeds but does not kill, and she lives her life on the fringe to maintain her secret. But when her creator returns to hunt her, she must break her own rules in order to survive.

Her quest leads her to Ray. He is the only person who can help her; he also has every reason to fear her. Alisa must get closer to him to ensure her immortality. But as she begins to fall in love with Ray, suddenly there is more at stake than her own life....

2 out of 5 stars

0 comments: