Blogger Templates

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Timeless

Timless by Alexandra Monir. This was an amazing book. First you get a taste of modern California, then modern NYC, and then NYC in the early 1910's, 1920's, and 1940's. It has a sense of historical fiction and yet something paranormal at the same time. I stayed up very late to finish this book and then I was up even later unable to get it out of my head. It was the first thing I thought of upon waking too (okay the first might have been "ughhhh why did I stay up so late!). There were so many little bits and pieces in this book that might not have made sense on their own but by the end looking back everything fit together absolutely perfectly.


When tragedy strikes Michele Windsor’s world, she is forced to uproot her life and move across the country to New York City, to live with the wealthy, aristocratic grandparents she’s never met. In their old Fifth Avenue mansion filled with a century’s worth of family secrets, Michele discovers a diary that hurtles her back in time to the year 1910. There, in the midst of the glamorous Gilded Age, Michele meets the young man with striking blue eyes who has haunted her dreams all her life – a man she always wished was real, but never imagined could actually exist. And she finds herself falling for him, into an otherworldly, time-crossed romance.

Michele is soon leading a double life, struggling to balance her contemporary high school world with her escapes into the past. But when she stumbles upon a terrible discovery, she is propelled on a race through history to save the boy she loves – a quest that will determine the fate of both of their lives.

5 out of 5 stars

1 comments:

AUTHOR KRISTINE CHENEY said...

Hello, Sweetie! You have a wonderful page. I tried to follow, but I don't see your button anywhere, so I will just say howdy. Thank you for following my Spartan Heart blog.

xoxoxo

Kristine Cheney
Spartan Heart I&II